Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Transit of Venus 6th June

Matthew

We had some awesome views from blaenavon,some thick cloudy spells but clearly seen thrid contact,the 'bite' and the 'black drop',anthony ( and dad ) and gordon were present but there was members from several astro societies there.What an amazing experience and something to treasure.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fantastic way to start a day

As Mat has said, plenty of cloud but it moved enough to view this remarkable event

Huge thanks to Ant and his Dad for bringing him, his baader film scope was a treat and a few photos were gathered too

Hope to upload sometime soon

Well worth the effort and so many people, even without the TOV it was a grand morning

As Mat says "something to treasure"

We were lucky Gordon , there was that 5 minutes when the solar disc was totally obscured but we must have had a good 25-30 mins of viewing, I can't believe how many people were there !!!

I have t say Mat, absolutely right, so many people all sharing this magnificent event, I think everyone got a viewing too!!

Great company as always with this hobby, people are so generous in sharing the images from their scopes

Fantastic!!

• 2 weeks later...

This was indeed a remarkable event and I have to thank Ant for the use of his solar protected scope, to Mat for assisting in camera alignment and me for for pressing the button!

Here is a rather special photo of the Transit of Venus, it appears to the left when it was to the right, this is due to a diagonal on the scope

post-14434-0-52782800-1340661259.jpg

Gordon

This was a pretty cool event, between this and earlier in the year when venus and jupiter were close together is whats brought me to this forum and kick-started an interest i have always had going on in the background for a good few years

Archived