Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from pete g7vhj

g7vhj

hi all,

Thank you for the fantastic site, I have been into stargazing for as long as i can remember starting off with a simple refractor that i still have and use occasionaly.

recently i have treated myself to a couple of 3 inch refractors that have seen a fair amount of use in the last year or so and have really enjoyed getting back into the swing of things.

this week my children parted with their hard earned wages and pocket money and bought me a Celestron 130 eqmd which i must admit i am looking forward to pointing at a couple of planets and hopefully doing some imagery with.

I am also a radio ham so i can spend time in the garden playing radio and astronomy

Pete de g7VHJ in Lydney

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks steve, i should have said that i have treated myself to a couple of reflector scopes and not refractors.

they are 3inch mirrors but the celestrons 5 inch mirror makes a big improvement when viewing.

Hi Pete and family ,I'm a dreaded M3xli, there's a few hams on Sgl ,sounds like your of to a great start with scopes,most people ever give the night skies a second look.but when you do give it a second look,it's like have in a time machine because the lights been traveling for yearss

Pat

Archived