SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New member from Bolton, UK.

8007H

Hi all,

My name is Derek, 24 from Bolton. My first telescope was my prized possession at the age of about 10, but ended up losing and never replacing it. Having always been keen to buy another I decided a week ago to start researching what would be a decent starter scope and have subsequently purchased my second telescope from a member of this forum who recommended I join, an Astromaster 130, and have just started to get to grips with it. Had an absolutely fantastic view of Saturn all night on Saturday from where I live!! Was extremely small but when I brought it into focus it was easily the most WOW moment I've ever had, absolutely unreal.

Already on the look out for more lenses to enhance what I can see, will also hope to pick a few brains here to help me get understand everything!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to all for the welcomes! Like I say,I'm new to all of this but if I can help out in any way I'm always willing.

Hi Derek

Welcome to a great place.

Pop over and see us one Saturday evening, do bring your scope too.

keith

I might just do that mate, need all the advice and guidance I can get so it would be good to see how someone with experience operates!

Hi Derek and welcome to the forum. You may want to consider downloading a free piece of planetarium called Stellarium, which you can view here. Very easy to use and can be configured to show the exact same sky as your own viewing location. Very popular here and will certainly help teach you the constellations and where everything is.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Archived