Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mikes sketch the Messiers project.

Mike73

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:icon_salut:

Sometimes words just don't suffice, Mike. Phenomenal dedication and quality of art. This thread is simply sublime.

Very well said! You are truly a talented individual. I just looked through this whole thread hoping there would be more! Incredible.

Keep up the good work!

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Great stuff, Mike. I look forward to your reports and observations with the 4" as well. Perhaps another thread (or blog) is called for?

Thanks Rob, I think sketching the Lunar 100 list is on the cards for the 4" and as long as the results are too bad I'll post them up. :)

exellent stuff mike. ive only viewed the little dumbell once,it was little more than a rectanglular fuzz. youve got some real detail outof it there.

Not too different to how I saw it to be honest. Unfiltered it was a fuzzy circular blob, the UHC showed the rectangular shape but the OIII really helped show the halo and rectangle 'core'.

Transparency was bad though, one minute the top was brightest next minute the bottom really stood out.

Cant remember the last time I had good seeing and good transparency for DSO's!

• 3 weeks later...

One globular sketch and six opens clusters last night at a great night out at a local dark site.

I've got one more open cluster to sketch and then I can make a start on the spring galaxies which is something I've been itching to do since I got my 16".

It wasnt that cold last night (0˚C) but still had problems with the cold freezing my can of fixative and the damp air made my pastels soft and brittle. In fact I didnt notice any cold at all until it was time to pack up and then I noticed a thin layer of ice all over my coat.

M41

post-20821-0-61877300-1359902836_thumb.j

Archived