SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The "Wow" moment.....

pgwenlan

Nice pic with a camera, have you tried taking a video clip and processing the file in RegiStax?

That's actually a very good idea! Never crossed my mind...will try that out...may need a slightly larger field of view with a new EP though as it really difficult to get the pic with my Baader zoom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the comments, folks!

It seems we all have the same experience with Saturn...

I must apologise for the bad weather lately - I got a new eyepiece to enhance the view 2 weeks ago, when the weather changed :)

Yep wholeheartedly agree. Got my new 127slt a few weeks ago and was lucky to get some clear skies. Had a cheap telescope before this and never got good views so when I had it in my sights I was just blown away! Had to wake the kids up to share it as well

• 3 weeks later...

i remember the first ever time i saw saturn. it was last week :). although it was low i could make out detail but not the cassini division. Im sure i woke my parents with the wow from me haha. awsome sight.

I recall the 1st time I showed my mother Saturn through my scope as a teenager and she was convinced I had just stuck a picture on the end of the telescope. It really is the one object that blows everyone away and that memory sticks with you forever.

Clear skies,

Matthew

Archived