Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

tjensen

Finally a Saturn 12-05-12 4:25UT

I finally caught a break with the weather. Clear sky, mostly steady seeing, and on a weekend to boot! Of course, nothing can be perfect... an unnoticed break in my dew zapper power cord brought the session to an early halt. But at least I managed to catch this image so I have one to add to my collection for this year.

Captured with the Flea3, 2x shorty barlow, and C14.

As always, comments, criticisms and suggestions welcomed.

Cheers

post-36071-133877773145_thumb.jpg

Stunning image Tim - really clearly defined cassini division

A very nice Saturn image there Tim - congratulations..!:):icon_salut::headbang:

.....not any inference that this re-work has anything over your original rendering, but I've merely pulled the curve down in the blue channel at the lower end - mainly to get that blue tinge out of the planet, particularly in the ring system.

Hopefully we know each other well enough to know there's no offence intended - just thought I'd throw this variation at you: as said above, you'd be well within you rights to consider your original superior!:)

post-16205-133877773514_thumb.png

Hey Darryl.

Nice job! Of course I don't mind. That's why I post. I have a terrible time judging the colour balance. That's always been my bane. Thought it was my old laptop... so I got a good monitor. Now I guess it's my old eyes :)

Cheers Mate!

That is a seriously good image, well done

Beautiful image

Ok, I wasn't really happy with the first go at processing so I've had another shot with a slightly different approach. I think it turned out a bit better. But I would welcome suggestions.

If anyone would like to try there hand and see what they can come up with, I have could post the channel data.

Help appreciated...

post-36071-133877773823_thumb.jpg

Edited by tjensen

spectacularly mindblowing image, I really should venture away from DSO's for a dable with planetary:)

Edited by starfox

That's a really great image.!!! I was just about to post my image up of Saturn thinking I did a good job.!! ? 520656d8-4cb1-9954.jpg

: Andy.

post-18387-133877774002_thumb.jpg

Tim that's a great image and very good processing (2nd processing even improves it)

Dror

That is a superb image, detailed and smooth, can just about make out Enke's division as well. One of the best I have seen, th eextra altitude helps compared to the UK..

regards

Peter

Ok, this is my last stab at processing. I like the darker look to the planet but I loose the crepe ring.

Not sure it's the Enke gap... probably the Enke minimum, but I do think there is a real intensity dip visible there.

Thanks for looking and all the kind words.

Cheers

post-36071-133877774757_thumb.jpg