Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

hi from flintshire

spacecake

hi everyone, i'm alex

i live in north wales near wrexham and chester, i have all ways been fascinated by the nights sky and feel its time to learn more, believe this will be an interesting and satisfying hobby especially as i'm a night owl :clouds2:

i dont own a telescope i think i'll buy a pair of binoculars first and study the sky in more depth first then when i'm ready make the purchase and start trying some astro-photography, i'm already interested in night photography but i'm hoping to upgrade my nikon d40 to a cannon 60d or something similar!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Alex and a very warm welcome to the forums. Sounds like your going down the road I went down with a pair of binoculars first then moving on to my first telescope and getting into astrophotography. Take a look at my blog if you want to see the journey I have made so far with the help of this great forum and the good advice you will get on here. Wishing you clear skies and hoping you enjoy this voyage of discovery.

Hi Alex, Im also from Flintshire too small universe eh? ha! I'm new here (only joined this week) but there is a wealth of info in here and some very knowledgeable peeps to get advice from. I have a scope, but bad timing as its collided with a rather massive foot operation (not a massive foot :clouds2:) it took 3.5 hours and Im in a wheel chair for 3 months now. So Im extremely frustrated prisoner in my own home (two steps to get out of either door!)

Archived