SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bresser astro 20x80? Reviews opinions

Hi all new to forum. Seen these binos on amazon 200£ comes with tripod and bag. There bresser astro special 20x80 have telescope these would be my first astro binos. No reviews on amazon anyone got these would you recommend them. Or are Celestron 20x80better choice?

Thanks Marc

I cant really comment on the Bressers but they arent much off the price point of the Celestrons which I do have.

On the Celestrons you have noticable chromatic abberation anything outside of a 5% ring in the middle of the view (on daytime objects, not so noticable at night on stars).

The focus on the Celestrons goes off about 70-75% out from centre.

I notice that my Celestrons also flare quite alot on bright stars, by flare i mean you a spikes of light coming off your target which moves as you move your head.

basicially these seem to be the common visual defects you find in cheap refractors. If you want to not have these you need to pay alot more for your bins :clouds2:

I dont know what the CA is like on other more expensive bins, if you cant tolerate a bit of CA then you might want to up the price point a bit. I suspect anything short of £500 will have CA and flaring.

In hindsight you might do better with a pair of 10x50 or 8x40 (http://www.firstlightoptics.com/porroprism/opticron-aspheric-wa-zwcf-ga-8x40.html)

The higer mag coupled with little knowledge of the sky may make things harder to find for you.

Get a copy of Turn Left at Orion or Stargazing with Binoculars from Amazon or some other site. turn left is a great starter book to teach you how to find things although it is rather focused on scopes it does cater for bins and teach you good methodology for finding thngs. Stargazing with Binoculars is just a good all round get you from zero to stargazing kinda book.

Archived