Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7635 Bubble Nebula

polakovic

I've just checked up and I was wrong about the discovery - it was discovered by Hershel in 1787. From WikiPedia :-

It was discovered in 1787 by William Herschel.
I think it was this quote I was thinking of
The first clear picture of the Bubble Nebula was taken by NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope in 1997

Very nice image there! I have a similar scope and wonder how you find the AO unit to work with the scope? Good investment? I know - your stars speak for themselves...

Thanks for sharing.

Oh that's really nice great job, so nice to see this one cant wait to have a go at it. The sky looks like it might just give us a break here in Suffolk this evening keeping my fingers crossed and my telescopes ready.

Very nice image there! I have a similar scope and wonder how you find the AO unit to work with the scope? Good investment? I know - your stars speak for themselves...

Thanks for sharing.

Focal length of RC 8" is too much for conventional guiding on my EQ6 so this seems to be the only solution. And even if it is not cheap, it is still much cheaper than a little bit better mount.

On the other hand, AO+OAG+FW is too long for backfocus of any corrector/reducer I know (about 11cm), so RC is the only scope I can try with AO.

Nice!

So I have the AO as well and the same scoop no chance to test it yet Why bin 2? (I did try binning too and found it makes the stars relative more fat ... )

I will try it with the new H694 even a more insane pixel scale but if AO works then it should be no problem. How many correction per second could you obtain?

Yves

Archived