Narrowband

Saturn with 2x Barlow

Episkey

I attached my 2x Barlow to my QC Pro 4000, and tried for Saturn. Much better than my other attempts, with poor seeing and average transparency. Captured in SharpCap, 10fps, for about 6 seconds. I'm still learning manual tracking.;) Stacked in Registax 5 and processed in Photoshop.

saturn2.png

Thanks for looking!

Very good effort for manual tracking.

If your not already aware of them I would advice using Castrator to crop and centre the avi footage which makes it so much easier to align and stack in registax and also the editing program virtual Dub which would remove any frames where the planet has drifted off the screen. These programs would help you capture a lot more frames for stacking. Saturn can be imaged for over 6mins at a time.

BTW Castrator and VDub are both freeware.

pretty good for such a short capture time,more frames will make a massive difference.i used to video while tracking manually it can be done you just need to everything positioned perfectly, laptop and slow motion controls etc... i found focusing was the hardest part!

You can improve the appearance of the image quite easily in Photoshop using the Dodge and Burn tools to tidy up the edges then play with the colour to suit.

Here's a quick lunchtime tweak and a slightly larger image to show the progression,so to speak.

post-13495-133877774142_thumb.png

post-13495-133877774146_thumb.jpg

Archived