SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First post of Deep Sky

robwin

Still trying to sort out a few things i am having with the canon 350D and my scopes regarding star trails,but a perfect clear night lastnight so i went out with my LX90 10" and focused on one main bright star with the camera and left it that using no eyepiece.

I took just one pic at and ISO800 1x1min just to see what i got and this what i came up with.

LX90 10"

Canon 350D

ISO800

1x1Min shot(played alittle in photoshop.

Thanks

Rob

Hope you don't mine my attack on you image it's just that I always see this as an 'apple core' rather than a dumbell, with red skin left top and bottom. I just decluttered the image, increased luminosity and colour intensity of the 'core' and darkened the backgound a tad. The original is a good one and deserves better treatment. Sorry!

CW

Quite an achievement Rob, getting an image to show at all on such a short trip.

At least it shows what could be gained by increased exposure time or more subs. It can only inspire you to better results.

Phil and CW have both made valiant efforts to bring out more, and succeeded fairly well with the data they had to play with.

But, there is no substitute for getting the shopping bag full at one shop.

Stupid analogy I know, but you know what I mean.

Archived