SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Dumbell Nebula - HA -

earlybird

This was my second and final image of last night after wasting a lot of time.

ED80 at F5 HA filter 10 X 5 min subs guided ATIK16HR.

No real processing, as haven't learnt that yet.

I did take some RGB subs as well, but have no way to put the IR filter in line with the RGB one's. Tried processing though and did not come our very well LOL.

It's all a learning process.

Regards

John

post-13094-133877329798_thumb.jpg

You are doing great John. That is a good effort, and every one you do will imrove on it's predecessor, it's called learning, and that is exactly what you are doing me lad. Lots of advice coming in from good sources, and it's bound to help.

Ron. :(

Hi John , hope u dont mind me saying , i would stay away from HA for the Dumbell , it works a treat using the cls filter , just a tad overexposed in the core, but otherwise its down to getting to grips with the processing

Rog

:(

Ok Rog all noted. We certainly chose the same objects the other night.

I was playing on the dumbell to see what effect doing RGB without the IR filter in line with my Meade DSI pro filters would have. The answer was very starane colours. Have now ordered some Astonomics ones so they have IR built in. Anyway took some HA as well. I love this ED80 compared to the SN10, which is very big.

Many thanks for all replies.

John

Archived