Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
CELESCOPE

Another Skywatcher image ,Witches broom& 52 Cygnus

Another clear sky last night and NO WIND ,infact pretty near perfect , the moon however did lighten things up a bit, noticed the collimation is still out a wee bit , so will take care of that maybe tonight, a final tweak ,

Anyway , once again , i,m surprised at the image scale and light gathering with this scope, remarkable, even longer exposures are going to be a delight i,m sure .

So this is the Witches broom .just couldnt get the last little bit in , but never mind, the detail seems great, subs on this were 60 sec subs x 40, using the H-Alpha Filter . processed in Maxim, using SD MASK, and DDP.

Cheers

Rog.

done one of M27 . PROCESSING THAT ONE LATER ON

image.jpg

That's great image Rog! I was out yesterday but it was rather windy, it's been the first time I've seen strange shapes that can be made from stars when it's windy. :(

Martin :)

A balmy night in Basildon Eh. Rog. It has helped to produce a corker there. Great stuff again.

Ron. :(

Cracking fine details Rog - you seem to be having a very nice time.

Anthony

Getting VERY excited about my delivery tomorrow thanks to these corking images Rog!

Out of interest, which H-Alpha filter are you using?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris , using the Astronomic from modern astronomy

:)

Thanks Rog - going to have to look at getting one as soon as I've plucked up the courage to mod my 300d (or have won the lottery and can afford a Starlight Express!) :(

Chris

Very nice Rog and nicely framed.

I will have to play with SD MASK, and DDP on some of my images and see if I can improve them.

Have tried DDP, but dunno what I am doing LOL.

John

Cheers John ,SD MASK will get rid os all those nasty hot pixels for you,DDP is easy , but it does not always favour every image , just have to try it for any improved results .

Rog