Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Large Moon Tonight

Tinker1947

By the look of the cloud here it looks unlikely that I'll be out tonight with mine so I've just ripped the mount apart & started greasing everything up & adjusting up the backlash in all the gears. While I've been testing mine I've noticed on the handset the last time I used the scope was on the 4th of April. Talk about withdrawal symptoms!!! I quite fancied having a go at making up a lunar mosaic too...............

I think it's about time they lifted the hosepipe ban so we can have some clear skies back again :hello2:

Yep,one clear night coming up tommorrow night after 9 days of clouds and rain and hello "supermoon". How in the world did I get addicted to this hobby? No wonder my wife thinks I'm totally out of my mind! HAHA. Maybe I need a couple of hours on a black leather couch with a qualified professional.

Without the media cover, I bet nobody outside the amateur astronomy community would have noticed. :hello2:

My buddies have been sending me messages asking what impact it will have on the Earth and its people!!

Sigh :)

And yup, I think tonight is a silly night for me to try galaxy imaging :eek:

agreed...galaxy AP is probably a no-no for tonight....but what about a mega moon mosaic ;)!!

agreed...galaxy AP is probably a no-no for tonight....but what about a mega moon mosaic ;)!!

It started raining now Si :mad:

I dont know how to do a mosaic anyway.

wanna buy a scope *sigh* :eek:

I dont know how to do a mosaic anyway.

seems easy enough. just do loads of pictures of different parts of the moon (or any other area) and stitch them together in Photoshop....

Archived