SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Excited....1st Scope arriving Tuesday

After weeks of research, lots of phone calls to shops for advice and reading of forums on hear I've finally pulled the trigger on my first scope and mount. I am a keen photographer and like the idea of astrophotography so have spent a bit more than planned ont he mount than I had bargained for.

I've plumped for an Explorer 150p with an EQ5 Pro/Goto mount. Got a great deal. The £100 extra for the EQ5 vs the EQ3-2 was offset by the inclusion of a polarscope (£30) and an accesory pack including power adaptor (total value £80) etc. Thats the justification I'll be using to my wife anyway !! + it'll save me upgrading later + the circular legs on the EQ5 just look niver than the flat ones on the EQ3 (aesthetics do count )

Can't wait for it to arrive on Tuesday. I must be patient though in practicing to set it up and get started. Is it wrong to hope it's cloudy for a few nights so I don't rush ?

Congrats on the new scope. :hello2:

The circular legs not only look better, but are a lot more stable.

I hope you get some clear sky to have a go with it.

Get used to setting it up in the daylight, it saves no end of hassle rather than doing it in doing it in the dark.

Zero in the finder scope on a distant TV aerial so that when you get it out in the dark, you know it's pretty near.

Is it wrong to hope it's cloudy for a few nights so I don't rush ?

YES it is. we've had quite enough of those. you wait, when you get it you'll be begging for clear skies.sounds like a really nice setup though. ENJOY.:hello2::D

Scott

Best advice i can give is that if it is cloudy when it arrives. Set it up in daylight once and then dismantle it and then set it up again in a darkened room with whatever light source you will be using outside. Do this a few times until you get the hang of setting up in the dark.

Archived