Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SPC900 & RGB FILTERS

Hi. Do you have to use the filters with This webcam or should I just use a ir/uv blocking filter. I am really confused with it. I have already bought a set of baader filter but not sure if I have wasted my time or not. Any help would be great. Thanks. Third rock

I assuming your imaging with your SPC900....

Im no expert in this but isnt it a colour cam? If so I dont think RGB filters will help and you might be better off with just using an IR / UV?

I assuming your imaging with your SPC900....

Im no expert in this but isnt it a colour cam? If so I dont think RGB filters will help and you might be better off with just using an IR / UV?

No worries thanks. I'll have to put them on eBay now. I'v only just received them from FLO last week. It's just my luck :-)

No worries thanks. I'll have to put them on eBay now. I'v only just received them from FLO last week. It's just my luck :-)

Before you put on Ebay, speak to FLO and explain the situation see what they say....

Not a lot of use in a colour cam, you could save them for when you upgrade to a mono cam :hello2:

Actually if memory serves me well there is a mono firmware flash for the SPC900, maybe you could try that at some point and then the filters will be useful when combined with a filter wheel.

Not a lot of use in a colour cam, you could save them for when you upgrade to a mono cam :hello2:

Actually if memory serves me well there is a mono firmware flash for the SPC900, maybe you could try that at some point and then the filters will be useful when combined with a filter wheel.

Just dusted off the webcam macro utility for flashing the SPC900 and I'm afraid I was incorrect. You cannot flash a colour to emulate a Mono, it only allows for RAW settings to be used wih a B/W CCD.

Ah maybe I could keep them for when I upgrade. I didn't really think about that. That's great. I will use the spc as a learning curve for a year or so and hopefully upgrade to a DMK 21AU04. Anyone used this cam? Will the filters be ok with these?

Ah maybe I could keep them for when I upgrade. I didn't really think about that. That's great. I will use the spc as a learning curve for a year or so and hopefully upgrade to a DMK 21AU04. Anyone used this cam? Will the filters be ok with these?

They should be perfect for a DMK.

Archived