Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PST Check..

Greg

Just been out with the PST and I could see virtually no solar activity whatsoever apart from the very feint,usual granulation..??

If anyone is out PST'ing this afternoon could you let me know you findings as I'd like to compare the scope to check it.

Thanks

Greg

I was out yesterday too,not much going on, I did see a very tiny spot about the 4 oclock position, it was a long time before I could see it. Granulation showed quite well. Taking it out with today so will have a look for the prom Russ, hope it's there as we're meeting friends.

Dave

I'm glad I bought my PST at solar minimum - I'm seeing everything I see as a bonus :) - the current sunspot might only be small, but I enjoyed studying it - and the proms today were fantastic :(

Helen

• 2 weeks later...

There can be a problem with some older PST, where the front coating goes and the contrast gets worse. It only afflicts PST with the old gold front lens, not the new blue front lens. You can diagnose the problem by shining a torch at the front lens and looking for a 'red gritty' looking deposit round the edges.

Luckily Coronado PST are covered by a 5yr warranty and when I got mine repaired by Telescope House, the service was very swift.

SpaceWeather.com said there was nothing about recently, so I am not running to grab the PST whenever I see a small [removed word] of sunlight.

Cheers

PEterW

• 3 weeks later...

Archived