Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

Cozzy

Saturn two in one post bargain!.

My best 2 images:) of Saturn from 4 avi’s, from the 23 of April, a gap in the clouds for a couple of hours, very poor weather conditions as all those of us in the UK are well aware of :hello2: . The first was a stack of 1200 at 10 fps and the second was a stack of 1001 at the same frame rate using an SPC 880 X3 Barlow and SW120frac

I can’t seem to be able to get rid of the green in the images, all-processing in Registax6.

Any thoughts and comments are truly welcome.

Stack of 1200 frames

picture.php?albumid=2058&pictureid=17275

A stack of 1001 frames

picture.php?albumid=2058&pictureid=17277

thanks for looking:o

Very nice, I alwys like a look at Saturn, aint seen much at all this winter due to rubbish weather....

Thanks for sharing.

Gary

Edited by Digz
FF edit

The green can be removed using Hue/Saturation tool in Photoshop..............never did liked Greens.......:hello2:

post-13495-133877770369_thumb.jpg

I aspire to get images like these of saturn. It's a beautiful sight like no other... Very well done indeed!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for looking Guys,

CW thanks for the tip. the greens issue has scared me for life:):hello2:

thanks again!

Those are really good images, especially the clarity of the Cassini Division.

Thanks for sharing.

Paul

Very nice clear shots well done. Simon.

Thanks again for looking,;) its great to have feedback from the forum, and helpful tips on how to improve things as above(CW).

Polar bear the statement 'Sunny and Lancashire' should not go together, that is just wishful thinking!:eek::glasses1::mad:

The green can be removed using Hue/Saturation tool in Photoshop..............never did liked Greens.......;)
very nice tweak. i often wondered if these settings could be used on images that have lets say strange balances. Im quite amazed how well you have balanced that shot. was it just a guess ?

Neil

Thanks for the reply, It means a lot to get some feed back and views from others to help you gauge your progression.

many thanks.!

Very nice images Cozzy! Were you using manual or auto white balance during capture? I had this colour balance issue when using auto WB.

SC yes you are correct mate, the setting was left at auto WB. I wouldn't know were to start with manual white balance.

This is the way I did it by picking up on some of the advice given in SGL/ webcam imaging.

Should I not be using Auto WB??

Wow, it is very nice image Cozzy. Great shot with your refractor.

Franck

Franck

Thank you , your comments are much appreciated

SC yes you are correct mate, the setting was left at auto WB. I wouldn't know were to start with manual white balance.

This is the way I did it by picking up on some of the advice given in SGL/ webcam imaging.

Should I not be using Auto WB??

Auto white balance throws up these green/yellow images with Saturn so you need to uncheck auto wb and move the blue and red sliders until the colour looks correct on screen.

Cheers Stuart.

I'll give it try next 'break in the clouds' if we get some before the next full moon ;) . It will be good to compare the differencies. :eek:

thanks for the tip, always happy to learn.