Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M101,just a start.

Domis

I ran out of clear view while shooting M3 so I moved over to M101 and only had time for 11 subs at 3 mins. It's not very good but I suppose it's a start.

post-25975-133877769769_thumb.jpg

@Domis - for 35 mins that's a cracking start.

@sanmatt - Keeping it simple - Bias is a shot at the quickest possible speed your camera can handle, typically around zero seconds with the lens cap on. It is used to remove the read/electronic noise from your flats. You shoot a lot of them, say 100, and use them when stacking. You only need to do this really once every six months or maybe longer. Create a master BIAS and reuse it each time you stack with flats.

Wow,thanks for the encouragement everyone.It is greatly appreciated. As time and other obligations allow I will be adding subs to this and at some point I'll figure out the flats and bias procedures.Thanks again.

Wow,thanks for the encouragement everyone.It is greatly appreciated. As time and other obligations allow I will be adding subs to this and at some point I'll figure out the flats and bias procedures.Thanks again.

You're very welcome friend and if you need any help with flats or bias frames then please feel free to ask :hello2:

Spikey, I can't thank you enough for your kind offer. I'm sure I'll be seeking out your help after a good bit of reading on the subject. Nothing compares to this forum and the people who frequent it. Such a wealth of knowledge and so frequently shared without reservations. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to do the same for someone else. Kind regards.

Archived