Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cumbria Star Party 6 - May 25th - 27th

Yahoo! Weather forecast is great. Sunshine, blue skies and clear nights. Just like CSP1 - I must remember to pack sun cream this time. Nina - have after sun lotion ready, we may burn.

Bought ingredients for a tuna pasta dish I will make tomorrow night - should feed about 10 people. Roof box on car and new cycle rack ready. I will be down mid afternoon on Friday with an LX90, Ikharus102 + white light filter and a solarmax 60, small scope on Berlebach and SkyTee.

I have also some beers, Scottish amber fluid (malt) and white wine.

Tent ready to go in roof box and astro/other kit to go in car.

Just need to get through a day at work tomorrow.

Can't wait to chill out this weekend.

Tom

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be able to leave work a bit early on Friday and expect to arrive 7pm ish.

Quite looking forward to some clear skies (day as well as night).

I doubt if I'll have my new camera as FLO shows it as still 'in progress'.

Fridge in barn - check

BBQ in barn - check

Fire emptied - check

Logs brought to fire - check

Bathroom ready - check

Gary's wagon tools and random rubbish moved to other shed - check

Today's prayer for clear skies - check

I am going to prepare us a lovely fruit salad to serve with greek yoghurt and also a butternut squash soup. Will buy jacket potatoes, bacon,bread, tea, coffee etc Friday morning.

Mike is making his chilli - yum yum. Tom also with the tuna pasta - my favourite - yipee. We are definately a well eaten star party.

Oh hide excitement about another great CSP - no check - no can do. I cannot wait to see everyone again. Please do not let the forecast change. Kennyk and his family will be joining us, won't it be great if we get a repeat of CSP1 for them.

Speak soon

Nina

Xx

Nina .... well done and xxx

Robbie - sorry you are not able to make it. i hope all is okay with you and yours.

Adrian - not sure if I will see you there as you are off hillwalking from Friday-Sunday

Everyone else - see you tomorrow mid-afternoon

Cheers

Tom

Hi everyone, just a little update for you all. For our fellow CSPers who have not been able to make this weekend, you have all been missed and you will not believe paragraph 3 but it is true.

Well that's me off to bed once I have wrote this. It is 4.25am and we have had a brilliant sky tonight. Seen plenty, M13, M92, Venus, Saturn and Mars we also had the Milky Way using averted vision. Plenty more were seen but I don't know their names :(

Here goes - If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not have believed this one - 2am in the field having sausage sandwiches, jacket potatoes with would you believe it - hang on now - TEA & COFFEE. What !! no Whiskey and Flapjack :)

Phil, Kenny and I ended the night in the front garden waiting for The ISS which we seen. A great end to the evening.

Really looking forward for tomorrow, Thankyou everyone for a great night.

Nina

Must say a big thank you Nina for a great weekend and also to Mike for this evening's steak bbq. Wasn't to be missed and worth a little sunburn. :(

Hope you get that electric problem with the Obsession fixed soon Mike. Intermittent contacts are a nightmare to find.

Looking forward to the next one. :(

John

Another great star party at Nina's. Sunshine and blue sky during the day. A cloudless clear sky at night. I got a deep tan after cycling along country roads around the star party site, on the Saturday. No single Malt drunk - not like us at all. It just wasn't the weather for Malt.

A few of the objects observed:

Crescent Moon, Venus, Mars, Saturn, M3, M5, M13, M31, M27, M51, M67, M71, M92, Albireo.

Another enjoyable event. I can hardly wait for the Autumn and the CSP7.

Tom

And then there was one ..... boo hoo.

Than you so much everyone for a fantastic weekend, this must be up there with CSP1. Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Roll on the next one. I do think a looney oh sorry lunar party will be next, how does everyone think of holding our first Lunar party?

Hope you all got home safe and had a trouble free journey, especially Adrian who has to travel back down to Hemel Hempstead,

Speak to you all soon

Nina

Xx

Thanks again Nina for a great starparty,could'nt have asked for more,great skies,company and awesome weather.Thanks to everyone who shared their time,knowledge and great views through different scopes.

Thanks for the lift packing the tent up guys!

See u soon.

Kenny.

Hi Nina,

Got home safe and sound after a great time at both the Star Party and the DAG Borrowdale bash.

Unbelievable, but we did have 5 clear nights in Cumbria!!! (its true, it really is!!!)

It was a pleasure to meet some new faces and of course the happy regulars.

The food was superb, the BBQ on Sunday evening with extra LARGE Cumbrian steaks was a real treat, shame you couldn't stay for the meal Tom, as the selection of extras for the steaks was impressive.

Gordon Ramsey is coming to the next star party to get ideas for his next TV programme!!!

The benefits of an Outwell polycotton tent in hot sunshine weather was fully demonstrated over the five days.

It keeps you sheltered from the sun when you need to cool down, you can see the laptop screen easily and more importantly, your petrol cigarette lighter does not explode!!! .....

Enough said.

Keep those parties rolling.

Thanks

Adrian

PS... I found my pepper mill in the down of my bag.....

Drat, I missed a barbeque on the Sunday evening. i should have stayed. but work was looming on the Monday and prudence said pack up and go about lunchtime. Damn Prudence - I should have taken the Monday off work and stayed all night!

Next time I will stay longer. A Lunar CSP Nina - sound good to me ( an definite Loonie).

Tom

Sounds like another full on success, fantastic fun, great new friends you simply can’t forget the camaraderie.. :hello2:

Glad to hear you all enjoyed yourselves again.. Lucky you

Well done Nina:hello2:

Archived