Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

my 16 inch dob

Daniel-K

Looking good Danny.

It's the pesky ground board that's the pain, it's a handfull and awkward to get through doors etc. a lot of people make their own replacements. Something with a smaller footprint like "Moonshanes" would be a huge improvement. Wheel barrow handles can be a bonus if you have French doors. These would make wheeling it in and out a breeze.:hello2:

Looks amazing - I've only got an 8" Scope but to get a real wow factor increase I've read a few times this is the sort of size I need to be looking at - will never get it past the board of control back home mind :0) can always dream

Looking good Danny.

It's the pesky ground board that's the pain, it's a handfull and awkward to get through doors etc. a lot of people make their own replacements. Something with a smaller footprint like "Moonshanes" would be a huge improvement. Wheel barrow handles can be a bonus if you have French doors. These would make wheeling it in and out a breeze.;)

got a mate whos a joiner so hes going to whip me up a nice base a light weight one he's the one doing the obsy in the summer yup moonshanes looks a treat doesnt it i can see its going to be a long expensive summer for me :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

For transport how about a wheel that is pointing slightly upwards when the base is on the ground, with detachable wheel barrow handles on the opposite side as someone mentioned earlier - attach handles, lift, then use the wheel just like a wheel barrow. Assuming that you take the main part of the scope off first, it should be a snap to move in and out.

I think if I was going to have a dobsonian it would have to be one of these 16" monsters, but alas I have nowhere to keep one.

Archived