Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Matthew

South Wales Group Star Party Bookings

Ok deadhead I will phone the campsite tommorrow and let you know,I had a feeling it would gaz.Mind you after deadhead and the last camping pitch has gone I may stop taking anymore then,there are some trees close to the other pitch's and I'm worries about them obscuring people's view

i did this last night but got distracted lol

it is a screen grab but i could see this coming into the medow but obviously no leccy out there

post-21834-133877769646_thumb.jpg

Edited by garethmob

Once pitch 9 goes and i sort out deadheads hardstanding that will be it for the starparty then,that will be 9 of us and i think thats a good turnout for a first attempt.

I hope to pop up one of the nights guys :hello2:

Helen

Your more than welcome to join us Helen i should have my new dob all sorted by then

Should be good - looking forward to it. :hello2:

Mal.

I will ring the campsite on monday kipp to see if they have a pitch next to us ( i think they do ),deadhead i will confirm your booking monday too.If there are no more takers by wednesday for pitch's i will stop taken bookings and pm everyone the cost for the weekend.

Ok kipp your on pitch 3 and deadhead your on pitch 4.Theres 1 tent pitch left but that's ok to leave open for now.I will be collecting the money for the pitch's next week.

how do you suggest we get it to you Mat - if we wait for a meet the way things are going at the moment we might not see you until September :0)

I've got a PayPal account you can use that if you like,I will pm everyone the cost of the pitch fees later

Pitch 9 is yours then Lenny , that's it then folks all sold out!

Kwls ;) how many altogether mat?

Might be good to close this thread. Start another for main details on the place:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok then folks here's the final pitch allocation:

Pitch 3 KIPP1972 Caravan with electric hook up 12th oct - 14th oct

Pitch 4 Deadhead Motohome with electric hook up 12th oct - 14th oct

Pitch 5 Firefox Caravan Pitch with Electric hook up 12th oct-14th oct

Pitch 6 Titch Caravan Pitch with Electric hook up 10th oct-14th oct

Pitch 29 Matthew Caravan Pitch with Electric hook up 12th oct - 14th oct

Pitch 28 Mr Flibble Tent with electric hook up 10t oct - 14th oct

Pitch 27 Stevetynant Tent with electric hook up 12th oct - 14th oct

Pitch 26 Ciderhead Tent with electric hook up 12th oct - 14th oct

Pitch 7 Garethmobile + 1 Tent electric hook up 12th oct - 14 th oct

Pitch 8 MJWALES Tent with electric hook up 12th oct - 14 th oct

Pitch 9 Lennylovit Tent with electric hook up 12th oct - 14th oct

Im going to work shortly but i will pm each of you tomorrow ive got the final amounts from the caravan site,so if we can get all the money in by friday i can pay the booking in full.

11 in total gaz,when i send the pm's tomorrow there will be a link to the caravan park website and a few rules and things for us to watch ;).I will keep this thread open for any queries about the booking.

Pm's sent with the price,im hoping to go to the site next week to pay and meet the owners so the sooner we get the money in the better

I popped to the site yesterday to have a look around and meet the owners.The only negative thing i could find was the fact that there there are some large trees which may obscure certain parts of the sky but there is still plenty of sky to view.Some of the camping pitch's are set back against some trees but theres loads of room to setup up our scopes.There is a meadow field which provides far better views to the east ( its camping pitchs only ) but for people who have smaller mounts and scopes you could in theory set them up there but i cant see my dragging the 16" down there :).There are some lights on the electric hookup points but im buying some more red film to cover them ( theres not many so its not a big issue).The owner told me there had been a dutch astronomer there last weekend and was checking sky quality with his light meter and had commented its the darkest sky he had seen for many years ( but we will be the best judge ).If everything goes to plan im going there this weekend with the kids so hopefully it will be clear and i can comment on the viewing conditions better.Up to now ( including my own ) ive recieved the money for 5 of the pitch's.

just sent mine now. any idea who the duch astronomer was? or what his unihedron meter said? lol hope the weather this weekend is good mat last few nights been amazing!

Cheers Gaz,i dont know who he was but the owner said that they have lots of astronomers frequent the site so its looking promising.It was amazing last night had 20 mins with the binos in the garden after work ( was going to get the king out but i was too tired ).

Will send the payment shortly Mat. Just battling with paypal as I've not used it before so I'm getting it up and running, or trying....

I've been battling with the

Mat but I think its under control now :). Any thoughts on going to SGL8? Looks like there's gonna be a bit of moon about next year, hmmmm.