Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observatory Shed Plans

Hi ......?

Have a look on here:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/roll_off_roof/

But be warned, some of them are pretty exotic.

I designed my own, then went and found a local shed maker, who was prepared to fabricate one to my design spec.

Compared the difference in price, between buying the materials and building it from 'scratch', and getting this guy to make it, and the difference was less than £50 more to have the panels made and delivered.

The apex roof. was delivered in 'one piece', and made especially rigid and square.

If you visit my website (see the link in my signature below), it will give you a good insight as to what was involved.

Dave

HI

I've almost finished my obsy, check out "Daves observatory build" in the astro work bench section. I've taken photos along the way, so you should get an idea. I designed and built it from scratch. I suppose it depends how much time you've got and how handy you are. It wasn't too difficult, there was a lot of thinking time and a lot of "we'll worry about that when we get to it"

You mention the rollers, I've used 4 on each side, 100mm solid nylon wheeled castors with a 150KG load capacity. They run on the 4x2 timber with a strip of roofing batten on top to make tracks.

Any questions, just ask as it's all pretty fresh in my mind.

Dave

Archived