SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My finest hour

Thinking that I had the foucus nailed just by a quick glance at the first sub, I happily left the kit for over 5 hours on M81 in the hope I could add this data to a previous run.

I also ramped up the sublength to 15 minutes by the way, and I thought I'd try out a new IDAS v4 LP filter.

Well, I actually forgot to put the filter in, the focus was out and to finish this off I got the debayering wrong, and put the wrong set of flats in the mix.

How is fishing as a hobby? Any good? I could put the catch in the OTA...

post-28991-133877768855_thumb.jpg

I once went fishing for 10 days in a row. There was a 3 day run in the middle without a single sniff of a bite, so if you're looking for a hobby with more chance of results I'd try something else!

Yup, tracking is surprisingly good on the HEQ5, better than the prize tag suggests :-)

Did another run last night and managed 8 subs only until the clouds rolled in. But filter was in, focus was and tracking good as far as can tell by a quick check of the subs. And the subs are 20 minutes this time. A nice experiment...

So no fishing then just yet...

Back to fishing.

I took the scope back indoors as rain was coming later. Thought I'd do the flats later.

Well, a package from FLO arrived with some stuff - including a Hotech SCA adapter that I thought would keep the camera nicely centered and secure, so couldn't resist playing around with that. 'Remember To Do The Flats' was a thought that came into my head a little too late...

Turned out the Hotech didn't do the job either in this particular focuser. I'm guessing the focuser is 2'' and a bit...

Another run down the drain haha!

Tell you what if you want to try fishing I can help you out I am a level 2 angling coach. Night fishing is a great way to combine stargazing and fishing but you may have to stick to binoculars or you might miss to many bites, nice result in the end one to pop in your keep net ;)

Archived