SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Iris nebula second attempt

Quatermass

I played Dead space 1 and it was scarier than any film I've ever seen, I was on the edge of my seat, I don't know if I dare play DS2, tempting though its pretty cheap now, I've had my eye on Aliens-Colonial Marines, its not far from release now.

Dead space is the scaryist one deadspace 2 is also very cool as well play it with all the light out ;)

You have no excuses with all this cloud about there will be little imaging being done until its gone sigh

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to stick my nose in, Just a thought to through in, the images we take now were impossible for the Amateur astronomer not so long ago back in the 70's 80's, you just didn't have the technology or funds, all you could do was read about it... cheap tech as helped no end, more kit more observers more data, and opinions @great@ win win.

We are living in a great age of exsploration its truly amazing what we have discovered in the last 50 years I think its wonderful to be able to image galaxys in your own back yard ;)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

60's sci-fi Time tunnel, Voyage to the bottom of the sea, land of the giants.

Doctor Who, space 1999, startrek all of them, V, war of the worlds,

We need a thread for sci fi likes!!

games got be 'Horror' 'Silent hill' on your own in the dark!!! 'that Mandolin playing'

(un)fortunately I have oooodles of jobs to do apart from astronomy related!! But still doing repairs on my obsy roof. There's a few odd improvement jobs to do on the obsy as a whole too but they are daytime jobs. I could certainly do with a clear night for a change - I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms ;)

Great image Mark. All your shots give me hope that I will be able to do similar when I finally get my EQ5 motors and get my ST80/QHY5 guiding system working. It'll be autumn by then I expect.

'hope your floods subside soon and your hens don't get wet. Not too bad where I live but quite a lot of Somerset is underwater.

Best wishes,

Pete.

Mine would likely be, Isaac Asimov's 'The Gods Themselves' -'foundation Edge and 'Caves of Steel'.

and yours??

Thanks for starting a new thread on that one Cozzy just been over there and posted mine..:eek:

(un)fortunately I have oooodles of jobs to do apart from astronomy related!! But still doing repairs on my obsy roof. There's a few odd improvement jobs to do on the obsy as a whole too but they are daytime jobs. I could certainly do with a clear night for a change - I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms ;)

Me to Gina my telescope needs a good dusting off glad your getting your obsy sorted out now..:mad:

Great image Mark. All your shots give me hope that I will be able to do similar when I finally get my EQ5 motors and get my ST80/QHY5 guiding system working. It'll be autumn by then I expect.

'hope your floods subside soon and your hens don't get wet. Not too bad where I live but quite a lot of Somerset is underwater.

Best wishes,

Pete.

Thanks Pete when you get the motors you will be able to do everthing that I have done and loads more as well many happy night ahead of you and the best bit is allways doing something for the first time. When I saw the Iris for the first time just like the rings of saturn and all the other amazing things up there it was just great.. Floods have subsided now chickens are laying eggs for us all just need to see the stars again and I will be a happy chappy.:)

Archived