SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Iris nebula second attempt

Quatermass

Managed to add another 40 subs to my last lot to give me about an hour and 25 minutes on the Iris Nebula and reprocessed it again this time following riks advice on pushing up the luminance levels in deep sky stacker after lining up the rgb channels much better for preserving the colours and I could see a great boost in the colour. This may be a bit strong for some, but bear in mind I am colour blind with blues and greens so it might look wrong for your eyes but I am reasonably happy with this second attempt.:(

Iris%2520nebula%2520master%2520image2%2520copy.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's looking really nice Mark, what length were your subs, also what did you do in the way of flats, bias etc. I tried this last year before getting the 1000D modded and can't wait to try it again.

That's looking really nice Mark, what length were your subs, also what did you do in the way of flats, bias etc. I tried this last year before getting the 1000D modded and can't wait to try it again.

Thanks Fenriz, I used about 7o main subs at an ISO of 16oo and one minute twenty five second exposure's and this was stacked with 6o darks flats and bias shots. Also did a few main subs at ISo 8oo. Changing my setting in deep sky stacker made a difference to the final image with the colours as well.:(

Looking very nice :D

Cheers Rik the deep sky setting changes really helped thanks for pointing that one out to me.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Excellent image Mark.

Thank you Pel now if we could just get rid of this foul weather that would be great :p

That looks a much better blue QM.

It is blue my wife checked it for me glad it looks ok to you as well.

That's lovely Mark, it's added so much more, with the additional subs.

Thank you Scarlet those extra subs did make a difference wanted more but my neighbour came out and switched on all his conservatory lights at 2am :(

That's excellent. The colour is just right. Lots of detail coming out too.

Thanks Hawklord glad I got the colour right this time was worried it might be off the mark again.

Nice image QM, will it be a save the chicken day, the way the weather is today, quite likely....:(

Thank you Tinker, the river is in full flood next will be the meadow if it keeps up may have to rethink my observatory plans just in case.:D chickens can fly they will be ok plenty of trees to roost in lol

Well it was nice and clear but the dew was so heavy i gave up for fear of getting electricuted with all my wires dripping with dew never had it that bad before. Managed to find the hercules galaxy cluster for next time though so not a total loss but pretty frustrating evening. Think i need to take a break from it all for a while..yeah right :(

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

Archived