Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1.25 inch .5 focal reducer

JimStan

Not exactly an eyepiece question, but I have been searching EVERYWHERE for a .5 focal reducer that will fit on the end of a 1.25 eyepiece, like a filter.

I thought I had a source for one, but he refunded my money after an almost one month wait.

A friend of mine has also been experiencing no joy.

I should mention that we want to use these with photo equipment, so recommending a longer eyepiece is NOT the answer.

Does ANYONE know if the things are still being manufactured, and if so, WHERE can we get a couple of them ? A U.S. source would be preferred, but European or Far East would be OK

Clear skies! Jim S.

The reducer seems to have been made by Antares ( Sky Instruments ) and is totally out of stock anywhere where I have looked! I cannot imagine that such a device does NOT exist anywhere in the WORLD !

It reminds me of the reverse adapter I looked all over for, for matching a Nikon lens to a T2 thread. Unobtainium ! And yet, a friend had one !

Archived