Narrowband

I have a confession to make.

Welrod50

About four years ago, I joined the Cloud Appreciation Society. I like clouds and they inject a much needed point of interest into my landscape photographs.

Now, although still an avid semi pro photographer, my evenings are filled with thoughts of clear skies and DSO viewing. Clouds get in the way. I have decided that I no longer appreciate clouds.

Does anyone know of a Cloudless Sky Appreciation Society I can now join?

:(

Scott.

I like that name.

OK, I have just started a Cloudless Night Society.

I am a non profit making Society, who, through common thought, avid prayer and the power of suggestion, will seek to make the clouds dissappear around one hour after sunset every night for the next 12 months.

Who's with me?!

Scott.:(

ps if it doesn't work, then you lot aren't praying or suggesting strongly enough.

In the same vein as the 'new equipment= cloud' correlation, I'm wondering if a spike in members joining the cloud appreciation society might equate to some clear nights.... :(

Only if you buy some expensive cloud watching equipment.

Andrew

I got out for 20 mins last night. Maybe this power of suggestion does work after all.

I will do it again today and see if I can muster a 30 minute break in the clouds tonight :(

With this weather, I'll try owt!!

Scott. :D

Barely managed to see the moon for any stretch longer than 3 mins, due to fast cloud. Even when the cloud cleared the moon seemd quite hazy and yellowish - must have been some higher hazey cloud. Couldn't see anything else except a brief glimpse of Venus and one or two of the highest mag stars. Even all that had gone by 11 for me :(.

And todays forecast looks like 24hrs of rain, so I guess you'll have your work cut out Welrod50! Been raining all day so far, and discovered a leak in my bathroom roof (fortunately over the bath).

Archived