Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Red Bulbs

If you are willing to buy off the internet have a look at this. In fact there are a number of retailers online, though I have no idea if my suggestion above is the cheapest. If you prefer a bayonet fixing the there is this one too. Hope that helps.

James

Covershield: this place might help. the type of bulb used is, i think, of the "PLS" family....The company provides coloured sleeves/covers to go over many types of bulbs. Might be worth an email to see if they can help?

Alternatively, why not use a red acetate shield inside the lamp's perspex cover?

i wouldnt want to paint as energy saving (florrys) are coated and if you pain they can get very hot and blow

i would go for a LED as they are cool, can be dimmable, and you can get red ones of them you could even make your own and use a red difuse plastic so their not too bright

Covershield: this place might help. the type of bulb used is, i think, of the "PLS" family....The company provides coloured sleeves/covers to go over many types of bulbs. Might be worth an email to see if they can help?

Alternatively, why not use a red acetate shield inside the lamp's perspex cover?

Thanks

I'll send them an email.

A red shield inside the lamp might be the best idea.

The lamp is battery operated, but having it on for half an hour the bulb is starting to get warm - I didn't think of that!

Brian Cox must have fallen on hard times if he's sponsoring red golf ball lamps these days...

James

:hello2: I like it!

Bought some red gel sheets to put inside the lamp. They work very well.

Archived