Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

DavidDench

Break In at the Astronomy Centre Todmorden

SHOCKING NEWS

Im all new to this hobby, but obviously this is quality equiptment and i would of thought that this would be very easily traceable if coming onto the net.

Hope it can all be resolved for you

Funding for covering the operating costs of the Astronomy Centre comes mainly from membership subscription, if anyone wishes to offer financial support a simple and ethical way would be to take out a subscription if only for one year. :). Details on the website.

or get robbed each month by the insurance company

I can attest to this. Having my garage burn down nearly 2 months ago and the insurance company is pulling alsort of silly stunts to try and lower the cost of settlement and repairs.

Hope that in the end Peter will have a bundle on his doorstep one night from an ashamed thief.

I really do hope they catch these people, is the center secure again now? I live close and would be happy to come up and help with improving security, I may even have some bits that can help. I know this is "stable door after ....." and all but I would never have suspected anyone would do such a thing, it has to be someone with knowledge of the place as it is not somewhere for opertunist thefts.

Edited by sirmetin

And if people would like to join by PayPal or bank transfer, please get in touch with us and we will sort something out.

So and So's :)

PM me subscription details and I will join the club as a way of donating funds.

One thing us lot are good for is keeping an eye out for things:rolleyes:

Hope they are caught ,and you get your gear back.

Edited by jgs001
FF edit

Hi

Many thanks, details sent by PM.

And a big thank you to all the people that have already helped; we have started work again on the solar observatory after a brief pause. We are also on the lookout to buy a couple of black EQ6s.

Further good news we have repaired the 'big' mount in the main doom, thank you to Steve for rewinding the coil and to Andy and Peter for removing/replacing the bits.

Edited by keithatrochdale

Hi All silly query

Could we have a list on line of the stolen gear and a contact medium that is printable so I could have it at hand.

Robert

Hi, send through a PM to Peter for that information.

Cheers

Ant

Thats just horrible :( some total wronguns out there! I'd like to subscribe or donate if someone could forward me details..

And i'll also look out. I'm pretty much on eBay 24/7 now i'm on study leave haha