SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Break In at the Astronomy Centre Todmorden

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funding for covering the operating costs of the Astronomy Centre comes mainly from membership subscription, if anyone wishes to offer financial support a simple and ethical way would be to take out a subscription if only for one year. :). Details on the website.

or get robbed each month by the insurance company

I can attest to this. Having my garage burn down nearly 2 months ago and the insurance company is pulling alsort of silly stunts to try and lower the cost of settlement and repairs.

Hope that in the end Peter will have a bundle on his doorstep one night from an ashamed thief.

I really do hope they catch these people, is the center secure again now? I live close and would be happy to come up and help with improving security, I may even have some bits that can help. I know this is "stable door after ....." and all but I would never have suspected anyone would do such a thing, it has to be someone with knowledge of the place as it is not somewhere for opertunist thefts.

Hi

Many thanks, details sent by PM.

And a big thank you to all the people that have already helped; we have started work again on the solar observatory after a brief pause. We are also on the lookout to buy a couple of black EQ6s.

Further good news we have repaired the 'big' mount in the main doom, thank you to Steve for rewinding the coil and to Andy and Peter for removing/replacing the bits.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived