Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

mrnumpty

Hello

I live in Worcester and am new to astronomy, i have started late at the age of 27 but i have always been a little interested but now cannot wait to get out there.

I have done a little research and currently own a skywtcher 130, i am really please with it and want to learn how to get the most out of it.

I already want to get a camera to take pictures and want more powerful scope, i want to see all the planets, deep space, filters too, and anything else i can, and it is so hard to hold back, but i know i must, until i have got the most out of my scope

You will see a lot more of me here asking silly questions but this is the only way lol.

Cheers

Mr Numpty

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello ande welcome, having always had an interest in astronomy and science stuff it's only now , much much later that 27 that I've taken it seriously

Enjoy the information available here, I have found so much pleasure from just a pair of binoculars and a 130 dob

Best regards

Gordon

Hi Mr Numpty and welcome to the forum. The feeling of wanting more aperture and doing it all at once never goes! But of course patience is the name of the game and if you think not having it all now is frustrating, wait to you buy the wrong piece of kit or approaching imaging from the wrong direction. In my opinion one of the best books to help get a handle on imaging is Steve Richards' "Making Evert Photon Count" and many members here use this this excellent book. It will tell you what you need and why you need it to get good consistent results that you will be proud to show anyone. Imaging does have to be expensive especially if you want to image the planets and the moon. Deep sky objects (DSO's) such as galaxies and nebulae is where the fun (frustration?) starts and will certainly require plenty of research and the correct budget to help you secure good images. So there's no rush, the stars aren't going anywhere and above all, have fun.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Hi Mr N - I'm 48 and only just started really - theres a lot of us on here in the same boat I would guess and its one of the hobbies that its probably never too late to start - the only prerequisites I think are an enquiring mind and shoes that can accomodate 3 pairs of socks

welcome on board.

Hi Mr N - I'm 48 and only just started really - theres a lot of us on here in the same boat I would guess and its one of the hobbies that its probably never too late to start - the only prerequisites I think are an enquiring mind and shoes that can accomodate 3 pairs of socks

welcome on board.

Sound advice!

Welcome Mrnumpty!

wow i wasnt not expecting a response like the above. Now even more excited :(. Lenny147 i will speaking to you soon sir... it always helps when you can grb hold of the scope i will have many questons for..

THANK YOU ALL

MR N

Archived