SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

not just a newbe

orion f6.3

new to forums but not really a newbie my farther gave me a pair of greenkats for Xmas 1979 :clouds1: and Ive been hooked ever since! now own a 200mm skywatcher DOB buy cant wait for the new orion to arrive (orion f6.3 250mm DOB upgraded to :- [glow=red,2,300]hi-lux[/glow], 1/8 PV wave and Crayford) :clouds1: seen some great reviews :clouds1: lucky to have a long dark back garden, no street lights and 250` to the next house! David

Welcome to the forums David! I look forward to hearing and hopefully seeing the results of your new scope. My dad really wants to get a Dobsonian at the moment, he has a strange addiction for them even though his only looked through one a handful of times.

Hope you enjoy your stay! :clouds1:

Grant

still got the 200mm dob as new scope not here till January, orion make these to order. 200mm skywatcher is a great scope. i allways review to the price scale ie. i swapped a pair of binos plus £70 for it, so for not a lot of money i got a lot of scope. to be fair it wasn't prefect i increased the hole in the base to the size of a sink waste (1 1/2") added two 12"x12" pieces of ply it now rotates very well. cleaned the mirror (had to do this as it had been a display model so must have been without its dust cover for a while) removed the secondary realigned and put back clean and straight. it now splits the double double in lyra. saturns cassini was just visable tonight at 10:30 with a no15. m37 m16 & m38  in auriga  clearly show red and blue stars. david

still got the 200mm dob as new scope not here till January, orion make these to order. 200mm skywatcher is a great scope. i allways review to the price scale ie. i swapped a pair of binos plus £70 for it, so for not a lot of money i got a lot of scope. to be fair it wasn't prefect i increased the hole in the base to the size of a sink waste (1 1/2") added two 12"x12" pieces of ply it now rotates very well. cleaned the mirror (had to do this as it had been a display model so must have been without its dust cover for a while) removed the secondary realigned and put back clean and straight. it now splits the double double in lyra. saturns cassini was just visable tonight at 10:30 with a no15. m37 m16 & m38 in auriga clearly show red and blue stars. david

You saw Casini around Saturn!! that's quite a scope you have there

:clouds1: :clouds1:

Welcome to the forum.

Ian

Archived