Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7000 North America Nebula in Ha

steppenwolf

I have to confess that I am rather enjoying this Hydrogen Alpha lark - it is great being able to fight back at light pollution both man-made and Moon-made! 1 hour of 200 second subs. using my SXVF-H9C and Canon telephoto lens.

ngc7000_010807_l.jpg

But 2000 quid on that camera! Are you MAD!!!!!

I look at this way, I don't go to the pub, smoke, have flashy meals out or go abroad for my holidays but I do have a nice camera ... Besides looking at that weblink, I still have £150.00 to spend on a telescope!

Now just a min Steve how come you got clear skies , i was all set up for that one last night , only to be engulfed by cloud , heheeh ,

Thats a great image Steve, very good clear detail , and i agree HA is great ,still prefer it in most cases of neb , except maybe for planatery nebs

Rog :(

Beautiful image Steve. Must get a camera lens for my H9.

When I first got into astronomy I couldn't believe anyone would pay £1000 for a mount. I felt really extravagant spending £200 on a second hand modded web cam. How the mindset changes over time! I'm with you all the way Steve, if you've got the disposable cash then why do something sensible :(

That is nice Steve, and that Ha filter is certainly 'paying dividends' for you.

Have the necessary Canon lenses, but the necessary 'reverse gender' adapter is not a readily available item unfortunately.

I know that you fabricated you own, so all credit to you for doing that.

Dave

... using my SXVF-H9C and Canon telephoto lens.

It was Canon that developed the technology necessary to produce fluorite lenses up to 6" and Takahashi (friends of Canon) who first put one in an astro scope... Not a lot of people know that :(

Archived