Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

586 pages and one conclusion...

Jessun

As a new member I decided to plough through the 586 pages of SGL deep sky imaging - and all posts (!) and one thing that really struck me is that everyone across the board is getting better and better at this as the years pass. And better by a mile!

I wonder if this is due to modern equipment, new software - or SGL itself!

The difference is actually quite striking and encouraging. SGL and its members are these days able to get anyone off to a flying start by rapidly sharing all combined knowledge and tricks, but I really recommend anyone joining to take that walk back in time to see how this mass of knowledge was once acquired the hard way!

It's a magnificent journey!

Thanks chaps!

I have to say that I've had an enormous amount of help on here and that has most certainly enabled me to improve my technique and buy the right equipment for the job. :(

I have to agree that some of the images (most in fact) are really amazing, at least as good if not better than most professionally produced photos you see. One day I hope to have a go and if I can get anywhere near as good I will be very happy.

This forum has been the main reason I have made any improvements in my imaging the people on here are fantastic and so helpful. Just the encouragement you get is enough to push you forward to improve and its so nice to be able to share it with others.

Archived