Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik camera software?

Hmmm, that sounds annoying. I won't update in that case!

One thing I think the sequencer should do is over-ride the sub frame selection. It over-rides all other settings made outside the sequencer (binning, exposure, delay, filter position etc) and nobody is ever going to want to run a sequence with subframes, are they? But if you forget to delete the subframe after focusing and then run the sequencer it captures only what's in the subframe. This does not follow the logic of the sequencer's behaviour with regard to other settings and, yes, I have shot a sequence of single stars as a result. GRRR.

Olly

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) The Display Options toolbar (the one with the histogram) jumps to the centre of the screen after every new exposure.  

I had the same problem with the new version - it drove me mad.  Also I couldn't get Artemis to connect to PHD, so the dithering I so desperately wanted to do I still can't do.  

I love Artemis for capture but because I want to dither I now just use it for frame and focus and then switch over to APT for actual capture so I can dither then switch the cooling on (never really got to grips with nebulosity).

Carole 

I'm sure it could be easily fixed, but considering we're now on version 4, it seems pretty careless for things like this to be appearing. To be honest I've been a little less impressed with Atik of late but I've stuck with them, mainly because "better the devil you know", but I do have my doubts.

Archived