SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

VENUS - March 29, 2012 - No detail getting boring

frewi808

What elevation are you at here Freddy. Venus can be hard, because of the low altitudes and getting the scope cool at dusk. I can see a little uv detail in them Freddy. Nice one for giving it a go. You just need calmer air i think. When that happens more detail should show. Sometimes venus seems to go quite, then bang lots of detail shows

Hope you don't mind frewi if i add here my Venus image from weekend.

Taken with C14 and Microsoft lifecam studio hd webcam. Violett n.o 47 filter.

Colour off. No details, i am new in Venus imaging and dont know should i see anything without UV filter?

18_27_44.jpg

Nice Venus Ransu.

I think the only way to see detail on Venus is an IR filter like 742 or 802 or so and the UVenus filter or another UV filter or the W filters (Yellow ??)

Rik (Piotr) had some good results, Venus is around 35 degrees here but as I said seeing wasn't great those nights..

I will give it another try when the clouds disappear..

i have never seen or imaged any detail on Venus either.i think its probably out of the question with my current set up, but it is fascinating to see the phases change over the months.i found it not a really easy target and focus had to be very good to get a sharp image.

Hope you don't mind frewi if i add here my Venus image from weekend.

Taken with C14 and Microsoft lifecam studio hd webcam. Violett n.o 47 filter.

Colour off. No details, i am new in Venus imaging and dont know should i see anything without UV filter?

18_27_44.jpg

Violet can show detail well. But you need a IR block as theres a leak.

Guest Post: Marco Cardin, "Imaging Venus In Violet Light"

i have never seen or imaged any detail on Venus either.i think its probably out of the question with my current set up, but it is fascinating to see the phases change over the months.i found it not a really easy target and focus had to be very good to get a sharp image.

Its not out of the question, ive done it with a 7" Maksutov, which has a corrrector. Newts are better in that regard. Because your using only 8" maybe a w47 filter with IR block would be best. As transmission is better. Have you tried using filters. If not that might be why

Its not out of the question, ive done it with a 7" Maksutov, which has a corrrector. Newts are better in that regard. Because your using only 8" maybe a w47 filter with IR block would be best. As transmission is better. Have you tried using filters. If not that might be why

i have a uv/ir filter, i will try it next time i get a clear sky :)

Archived