Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi East Middle group

Timshortman

Hi Tom and welcome to EMS :)

We have a local group in the Nottingham area with members from Notts, Leics, Derbys, and Lincs. We have two dark sites in your area at Sawley (Notts) and Belper (Derbys). We also run our own website for local meeting announcements and general astro chat here: East Midlands Stargazers

You'd be welcome to join us for an observing session on the next clear night - check the website for full details. :)

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't think so Richard. Our group was formed here on SGL from a bunch of local folks who got together independently from any other groups. Some of them may have (or may still) belong to other astro societies in your area.

I do know the Sherwood group and Keyworth astro soc still have observatories as well as Notts Uni, Long Eaton, and Derby and District. EMS however is wholly internet based with a couple of local sites hired for our purposes only. :)

• 5 months later...

Thanks for that and sorry for the long delay. I am just signing up now :)

I live in Mansfield and there is a lot of light pollution. Now that I have a decent scope, I would be very interested to hear if there are any good spots to drive out to with the scope within the Mansfield and/or Derby areas?

Archived