Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
MartinB

North American Neb

It was a pretty marginal night with loads of high cloud ruining half the subs but beggars can't be choosers so this is my 1st image since May, struggled to find polaris and couldn't remember what went where. Not possible to guide and had to keep the subs down to a minute to get anything so binned x2 unguided ZS66 AP0.67 reducer.

2 images one to include some of the Pelican and the other just NA neb. Both roughly 40x60 secs. Have done a red one but think I think I prefer mono.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I kept thinking the background was a real mess until it dawned on me the whole image is full of nebulosity

thats good Martin, and pretty deep as well , lovely texture, i prefer the b/w one as well ,and i bet you was pleased to get out , know what you mean about forgetting everything , shant tell you what i done last night ehehheeheh .

ROG

Pleased to see you got out again Martin and a nice result

to boot... 8)

Very iffy sky here so gave up early...

Given the marginal conditions last night (which were the same here), I reckon they are pretty fair results, well done!

Dave

Thanks everyone, not great images but the main thing was just being out again. Lets hope for better things weather wise now for the rest of the year. The gods owe us big time.

The second mono shot does it for me. I's a very 'alive' image.

Swirling mists in a Hammer Horror movie were brought to mind. Then you remember the scale of it all and you're lost for words!

CW

Great stuff Martin!

Helen

<makes note to self...Must get the ZS66 into play :(>

The ZS66 will work really well with your camera Helen.

Yes, Martin. I've been experimenting with counterweights to get it to work. Maybe tonight (or maybe Fastar, or ... too many options and not enough dark!)

Did you use a Ha filter? or anything else?

Thanks

Helen

I used an Ha filter Helen. The fastar will give you the same FOV as a ZS66 and you will need about 1/9th the exposure time! That's the power of fastar. Will frame the Bubble neb beautifully but you will need Ha for that one.

Very nice Martin.

Glad to see you in action again, we can't have you forgetting the ropes! We are geting a bit more dark and the weather has finally got a bit better - hope we get to see more from your corner.

Pretty good there on limited subs - 2nd one for me

Anthony