Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 from Kielder Star Camp - Re-process

PunkJay

Howdy all,

I have been a tad unhappy with the processing on my M42 capture from the Kielder Star Camp in October, so thought I'd start from scratch to see if I could get a more natural looking image.

Results as follows:

punkjay-albums-8se-ota-heq5-sony-nex5n-photos-picture17126-m42-120321-kielder-reprocess-final.jpg

As always - constructive feedback welcomed!

cs,

- Jason

I can never seem to get acceptable results when I try to get rid of the blue hue (it is on most of my images!). Can anyone suggest which way to push the colour balance to give a truer colour?

Thanks for the feedback!

- Jason

Love it!

I have had all my aphotography gear for over a month now but not yet had a chance to get out and take my first shot.

I will be a very happy man if I can get something even close. I actually like the blue! It may not be the true colour of M42, but think it looks stunning.

Congratulations :)

Nice picture Jason and there's loads in there to play around with. Here I just adjusted the curves until it looked about right on my screen.

I suspect some of the circular artefacts are due to jpeg compression.

Well done!

post-28991-133877767317_thumb.jpg

Archived