Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

USA widefields.

I've recently finished processing my files from a trip to the west coast of the US last October. Most of my time was spent shooting in cities but the two attached pics are from "days off" in Big Sur and Death Valley. Both were shot with a 15mm full frame fisheye with some of the distortion corrected in PS.

Thanks for looking...

post-18666-133877766763_thumb.jpg

post-18666-133877766768_thumb.jpg

Great images Jon. Is there some HDR at work on them or are they just single shots? Fell free to give some details on F numbers and exposure lengths etc.

Thanks guys.

Big Sur is a single exposure of 30 sec at f2.8 and 800 ISO which is pushing it for my camera as it's pretty noisy above 400 ISO.

Death Valley was 4 sec at f16 and 100 ISO. The moon was shot separately, dropped in and resized to match the existing moon and, luckily for me, the salt formations were illuminated by a reddish sky behind me.

Did you not get any trailling from the moon and stars in the 30sec exposure? Cant see any but it is quite a small image.

As a rough guide, dividing 600 by the focal length of the lens gives the max exposure possible before trailing, therefore a 200m lens = 3 seconds, a 24m lens = 25 sec and a 15mm lens = 40 sec.

I read this somewhere on the internet and it seems to work.

Archived