Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Light pollution & LRGB Filters

jnc71106

Hello all. I'm quite lucky in that I get to go to a dark site that doesn't suffer with LP. However I only get to go there twice a month. My normal imaging location is from a town centre so the sky suffers with the normal orange glow we all love so much

Now I know narrowband are effected by LP and I have a full set of them but what about LRGB I did read that it doesn't effect RGB but what about the Luminance

If it does effect it and I need a LP filter should I also use it with the RGB incase there is a colour cast from using it

And the other question is where do I put it. I have a atik 314L screwed onto a atik mfw which then screws onto my field flattener which is a 2" push fit

Can I screw a LP filter onto the end of the field flattener ? Or will that cause issues. I can't see where else I can put it TBH

Archived