Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC6992 colour, (of sorts!)

anthony

Pleased with getting POW for my monochrome Ha version I went out again last night - (steady on! that's twice in 2 months) -

I collected 10 x 10min subs in SII. Same setup as before - SXVH9, Wo 80mm triplet. Lost a couple due to cloud. The end result was a bit noisy, I presume due to wispy cloud.

Anyhows I aligned the previous Ha and the newly acquired SII in maxim and took both to photoshop. After several failures I assigned SII to the red channel and the Ha to the blue. I then used noles tools to synth a green from this. The "RGB" was duly played with and the original Ha was added as the luminance.

Bit of butchery really - might get to grab OIII tonight if I am lucky. Overall, I am happy enough for my first, (and incomplete), narrowband image. I think that it is a favourable target for this sort of lark

I had to shrink and compress this a bit but you will find that the seperate link brings you to a higher resolution version.

http://www.astrophotography.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1185896700_orig.jpg

post-12863-133877329624_thumb.jpg

Well done Ant that's come out a treat. I love the delicate colours you've created. definitely worth getting some OIII now. The SII is bound to be a bit noisy cos there's so lilttle of it compared to the Ha but it doesn't show up.

The SII is bound to be a bit noisy cos there's so lilttle of it compared to the Ha but it doesn't show up.

Okey Dokey. I was being lured away by the thought of the bubble, but I'll think I'll stick it out and catch some OIII

Archived