Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WO optics Binos in a PST??

Stardust

Sadly, I don't think it can be done with WO binoviewers you would need to get several inches further in to get to the focus, the construction of the PST won't allow this. It might just be possible with a pair of Denks with the optical correction system but the OCS might still not fit in far enough. I was able to do this with a Coronado Helios1 70mm Ha scope but the image was very dim.

Do you have one of old-style or the new-style PSTs?

The newer style has a second filter (the ERF) in place in that extension tube as well as having the blocking filter in the eyepiece holder, and as such cannot be taken out of the system.

The old style has the little extension tube with no filter in it between the penta housing and the eyepiece holder (that has the blocking filter). This extension can be removed to allow the eyepiece holder to screw directly into the penta housing. This can get that little bit more in-focus, and it is what has allowed me to take prime focus with my 600d and a barlow.

If it's the new style, you're unlikely to be able to do anything unti lyou get a stage 2 mod underway..

Archived