Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can I have a members vote on which they prefer please ?

spaceboy

Which has the better detail?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which has the better detail?

• video0002reg5
    • Video40reg522

If you were to forget about colour and I know the cassini division is clear on the one but this is obviously because the rings were more open so if you were only to take into consideration detail and sharpness, which would you say the better image was ??

Tis a good test Spaceboy, although the amount of 'good frames' can make a HUGE difference

concerning the avi, like you say, it all boils down to (no pun!) good seeing and such and the amount of useful frames gained.

You could have 10 min worth of data but less than 100 frames of crisp defined 'pics'.

On the other hand you could have <2 min of good seeing and get the same/similar result.:D

After that dwells the wizardry art of 'picking/tweeking and stacking' the best. Either way, great shots Nick

Most (including me!) just about get the Cassini division resolved..after that would be a faster cam to grab the

'good' seeing moments.

Best

Glen

Again I tried to make sure they both have roughly the same images in each stack but yes I totally agree Glen that it is difficult to duplicate all the variables involved. What I am trying to establish is, and with the limited resources I have at hand was if there are any "noticeable difference" between the two images or is it only very subtle. The reason for this is because one is with a CCD camera worth £350 and the other a £9 webcam. I was just interested to see which way members went on the vote for my own peace of mind.

No apology needed Glen. You are correct in what you said and I'm sure many others have thought the same. I did not want to mention my motive behind the comparison as people may now be deciding which they think was done with which camera rather than which image shows the better detail. I really do have to work on getting the colour correct which ever one wins :D

ahh I see, I'm such a Muppet..:D

With the second set, if it helps and concerning colour, the lower (#2) I think is the better pic. Just needs a little bump with the R & B alignment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived