2"WO diagonal to 2" focuser, or RA motor.

Hallo Friends starry eyes,

I am going to buy the Celestron Omni XLT 102 refractor. It has got a 2" focuser, but 1.25" diagonal. Can you tell me whether the William Optic 2" dielectric diagonal will fit directly to the focuser by just removing the 1.25" adapter? Will I have to add some adapters for the 2"?

Important question is. With tight budget, I was choosing between WO 2" Diagonal and Dual axis CG-4 RA motor drive, as a first basic upgrade along with the scope. Did I make a good choice by choosing the 2"WO diagonal over the RA motor? What do you think?

Rest of the upgradations, I will be able to buy next time.

The telescope specifications are-

Fully Starbright XLT multicoated 102mm aperture 1000mm focal length f/9.8 achromatic optics; CG-4 German equatorial mount with setting circles, manual slow motion controls, and adjustable height steel leg tripod with combined spreader bar/accessory tray; 6 x 30mm straight-through finder; 2” rack and pinion focuser with 1.25” eyepiece adapter; 1.25” prism-type 90° star diagonal; 1.25” 25mm eyepiece (40x); dewcap; dust covers; TheSky Level 1 star-charting CD-ROM software.

see you soon, sincerely Ketan.

Shri Swami Samartha

Hallo Gaz,

Thank you for telling.

My thoughts were, I would practice manual tracking for a month or two, then next budget when I buy other accessories like T-Ring, adapters and extra eyepieces and the RA motor etc, then it will be useful for photographing and accurate tracking.

Then basically for best viewing I thought to get that WO 2" Diagonal at least for now.

Ok, then Celestron RA dual axis motor for CG-4 mount is of the same(little less) cost that of the WO diagonal.

Is it a accurate one (for photographing in the future)? Vixen motor is double the cost. :(

see you, Ketan.

Archived