SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

best mars 12.04.12

Pete Presland

i dont post enough of my images on here to be honest its a mission using photobucket :) but i was so pleased with this one i had to

its taken on my trusty mak180, x2 barlow, RGB 1500 frames per channel, stacked registax & then combined in gimp.

any suggestions on a easier way of uploading photos would be gratefully recieved

mars.12.04.12.tif

It is indeed a good image but on my screen it looks very dark and very red,as though the contrast has been over done perhaps.

I hope you don't object to my giving you image a quick tweak to show a bit more detail.........still a wee contrasty.

post-13495-133877765503_thumb.jpg

It is indeed a good image but on my screen it looks very dark and very red,as though the contrast has been over done perhaps.

I hope you don't object to my giving you image a quick tweak to show a bit more detail.........still a wee contrasty.

i don't mind at all it did look a little red, i tried to tone it down a bit.that certainly looks better

nice shot what f/l & frame rate. Regards SIMON.

the focal with the x2 barlow i think is 5400/f30 but i was using a diagonal as well, so i am not sure whether that is increased, i think it maybe.

the frame was 30 fps,the avi's looked poor to be honest, it was not until i stacked then in registax 6 instead of 5 that the end result improved.

ps. just noticed in my log it was 31.03.12 not 12.04.12

Archived