Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Markarians Chain

peter shah

Ive been doing some real extreme tweaking of the kit, the ccd has never been flat in the camera so i took upon myself to sort it, very gently teasing the sensor flat....enough to make most cry at the mere thought. Its very close but at F3.8 the focus only needs to be out by 30un for it to show up on the AG. I still need to refine my polar alignment, im getting a little rotation in the field.

Anyway....Grabbed this shot of Markarian's Chain, very quick shot 1 hour of luminance, 10mins of red 9mins of blue and 7mins of green, im still planing on getting some more colour data for it.

also just to show the detail (not there is much to show in these objects) a full res shot of The Eyes, it difficult to see i the wider frame.

Thanks for looking

Peter

a0963.jpg

a0964.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks everyone im still trying to sort a couple of small issues but it means getting things made for the kit, still im getting better shape stars than i have been even it they arent yet perfect. The poor polar alignment isnt helping and is something i will need to refine too.

Archived