Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
qcdougn

Lost Episode - Milkyway WIDE

I've found and posted this wide field shot since another member liked my other somewhat wide view of M8 & M20. This was taken last summer and I had forgotten about it. I'm not sure of the exact area and objects seen. It is in the vicinity of Sagittarius....Maybe someone can point out the major clusters and nebula. Here's a link to a larger file. It was very hard to reduce down to the posting size for SGL.

I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.fototime.com/%7BFCC9120D-690E-4A85-90B0-D74A4952D7A7%7D/picture.JPG

Doug

:shock: wow doug. Honestly, I think this is the most beautiful milky way shot I've ever seen.. Very , very nice, very detauiled, I think you should be grately proud :( A+

marius

p.s. any info about the picture? :)

That's very nice indeed Doug. Quite a few DSOs in there too.

It does really have to be looked at, as the larger file, as the compression for 'posting' has been quite detrimental.

Dave

Thank you very much Marius and Dave. My best rememberance of taking this shot was using a Canon XT (350D) with a 50mm f1.8 lens. I believe I took approx. 10 exposures at 75 sec. each and combined. Well, at least that's close...Ha.

Doug

That's just fantastic Doug...

What a beautiful image 8)

Hope you don't mind but it's now my desktop background image :(

So this is one you had forgotten all about? Have a look for some more immediately, I know I would! Lovely image Doug, it's full of detailed stuff and the colours are superb.

Kaptain Klevtsov

HiI . Doug,

You are blowing us all away with these wonderful widefield wonders. I did express my fondness for these types of scenes of our galaxy.

I will endeavour to Identify as much as I can. some of them should be easily identified, in which case the rest should be traceable too.

I would love to see this spread projected as in an Imax widescreen presentation. I just feel there is a theraputic benefit to absorbing the wonder of these immense star clouds. May sound crazy to some, but it's a real enough feeling to me.

Ron. :(

Thank you all for the kind responses... warmest regards.

Doug

Doug,that is absolutely :( err.......mmmm..... lost for words.....superb,also :)