Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn & ISS

teleaddict

I have just been looking at times when the ISS will pass over head tonight and stellarium shows it passing right by saturn at 23.16 (at least for south cumbria or blackpool area).

I've only just got into astronomy again and although I've observed saturn it's too small to try and photograph with my scope.

For anybody with a decent scope, it might be a good photo opportunity.

I would look forward to hearing from anybody who manages it (or seeing the pics for that matter)

:)

Celestdon, the thought of focus issues did cross my mind, but having viewed some of the excellent pictures people have taken, if it is possible I'm sure somebody will post it.

Don't know if I'll get to see it though, after glorious sunshine all day and clear skys, as soon as the sun set in comes the cloud cover

I don't curse at home - but just have at those clouds !!

Just as the ISS appeared, so did a patch of cloud ........... ISS gone & the cloud followed - but getting a bit patchy out there now .......

Nice view of the ISS and then a -5.0 iridium flare at 10pm :) not too cloudy but far too unsteady for any decent viewing of planets/DSO's everything is twinkling far too much.

Archived